FindSomeone Terms and Conditions
FindSomeone is owned and operated by Trade Me Limited.
FindSomeone provides services to people looking to find someone special. We are committed to providing a
safe environment for you to meet, converse with and get to know other people.
FindSomeone acts at all times as merely a passive conduit for you to distribute your profile information to others.
and are designed to help us maintain a safe environment for everyone.
1. These Terms and Conditions
2. General Rules
3. Specific warnings
You are solely and legally responsible for:
- the content and legality of all information contained in your profile;
- the content and legality of any material, including photos and messages, you post to or enter on the website;
- all of your communications with and behaviour towards other members; and
- compliance with all applicable laws at all times when using the services and/or the website or in circumstances
arising out of your use of the services and/or the website.
Trade Me is not responsible for any profile or other content posted or entered on the website.
You should not include any identifying information or illegal or unlawful information in your profile.
Information you provide in your profile may be published through on the website.
We reserve the right to store any information you enter, even if deleted from tools provided on the website.
You make contact with other members entirely at your own risk. You are legally responsible for your own actions. You agree
that Trade Me has no responsibility or liability for any actions of you or other members including, without limitation, members
that have registered under false pretences or who attempt to defraud or harm you. Trade Me is not responsible for ensuring
members comply with these terms and conditions.
You must not communicate with, or attempt to communicate with, any person who has indicated that he or she does not wish
to communicate with you or to continue to communicate with you.
Trade Me may be requested to assist in any prosecutions or other proceedings brought by members or third parties against
other members and will do so if required by law or if we believe a member has breached our terms and conditions. You agree
to us providing such assistance, including the release of any relevant information we may hold about you.
Members may not be who they say they are. Although we employ technology and staff to protect members, Trade Me is unable to
confirm that any member on this website is who they say they are. You must therefore exercise caution when dealing with other
members. As an internet-based service, there are risks of members misrepresenting themselves or presenting themselves under
false pretences. This includes misrepresentations about age, gender, marital status or any other attribute which we ask the
member to provide. It is also possible that members from other countries will access this service. It may not be practically
possible for Trade Me to enforce these terms and conditions against such members.
Without limiting any right that we may have, we may, at our sole discretion, edit, modify, or delete content from your profile,
delete any other content or material you have posted to the website, or suspend or cancel your membership if we believe that
content entered creates, or may create, liability for Trade Me or if we believe the information to be inappropriate or if we
believe you have breached these terms and conditions. We are not liable to you if we exercise any of these rights, including
cancellation of any type of membership.
Trade Me reserves the right to decline to register or to suspend or terminate your membership without entering into further
discussions with you. Without limiting the foregoing, Trade Me may terminate your membership if:
Members who have registered under multiple aliases will have all of their aliases disabled.
- a serious complaint or multiple complaints are received about you from other members,
- you breach these terms and conditions,
- you impersonate another member, or
- you have previously been banned from using this or any other service offered by Trade Me, or
- if we, in our sole discretion, deem your behaviour to be unacceptable.
4. Your obligations as a user and member
You will provide complete and accurate personal information when registering to use the service including your first names
and surname. You will maintain your personal information as supplied to us to keep it true, accurate and complete at all times.
Trade Me reserves the right to contact you from time to time to verify your details.
You agree to comply with all applicable laws when using the services and dealing with other members.
You are responsible for keeping your password secret and secure. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree:
- not to permit any other person to use your user name and password; and
- not to disclose, or provide to any other person, your password.
You will not attempt to damage or harm the website or the services.
You will not use the website for commercial purposes or for the promotion of any business.
You will only interface with this website manually and through a web browser. You are not permitted to programmatically
or otherwise automatically interface with this website. This includes "spidering" or interfacing for the purposes of harvesting
information from this website.
You will not enter obscene, abusive, defamatory, threatening, harassing, illegal or objectionable material on the website. This
includes messages, images, the information in your profile or any other form of information that can be entered on the website
(including communications with other members). Trade Me will be the sole judge of what is considered a breach of this obligation.
Trade Me reserves the right to refer such material to the relevant authorities to consider prosecution, or to assist other
members in the prosecution of members.
Members' accounts, including gold members' accounts, are not transferable.
You must not use the FindSomeone messaging system or message boards for the discussion of competing services or any illegal or unlawful activity.
You must not enter any contact or identifying information in your profile. This includes, but is not limited to, your email address, phone number,
or physical address.
You must not disclose any details of any other members or disclose personal information of others through the FindSomeone message boards,
messaging system or otherwise.
5. Fees and refunds
Trade Me offers paid memberships. The fees specified on the website are payable in advance and are non-refundable. Fees paid will not attract
credit interest or other financial charges. In the event that you are removed from a website for breach of our terms and conditions or for any
other reason, your remaining subscription will be lost and is not refundable.
The fees specified on the website include all applicable taxes, including sales tax and consumption taxes such as goods and services tax (GST).
Trade Me reserves the right to change the fees charged or introduce fees for any of the services at any time. If we introduce a new service, the
fees for that service are effective at the launch of the service, unless otherwise stated.
- You expressly understand and agree that:
- Your use of the website and the services is at your sole risk. Trade Me expressly disclaims, to the maximum extent permitted by law, all
warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and
- Trade Me makes no warranty, to the maximum extent permitted by law, that i) the services provided will be uninterrupted, timely, secure,
or error free, ii) the information provided on the website is error-free or reliable, iii) the quality of any products or services obtained
through the website will meet your requirements, or iv) members are who they say they are.
- No advice or information that is obtained by you from Trade Me or otherwise shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the Terms and Conditions.
- Responsibility for the content of advertisements appearing on the website (including hyperlinks to advertisers' own websites) rests solely with
the advertisers. The placement of such advertisements on the website does not constitute Trade Me's recommendation or endorsement of the
advertised product or service. Each advertiser is solely responsible for any representation made in connection with its advertisement.
7. Limitation of Liability
- You expressly understand and agree that:
- Trade Me shall not be liable under any circumstances for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary loss or damages,
including but not limited to damages for loss of profit, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses that result from the service, or
the inability to access the service.
- Trade Me shall not be liable for the cost of procurement of substitute goods or services resulting from services provided by Trade Me.
- Trade Me shall not be liable for the conduct or statements of members or third parties in relation to the service.
- You agree to indemnify fully Trade Me from and against all claims, liability, loss, costs and expenses (including the full amount of legal costs)
incurred or suffered by Trade Me in respect of or in connection with:
- information contained in your profile;
- any material, including (without limitation) photos and messages, you post to or enter on the website;
- your communications with or behaviour towards other members;
- any death, personal injury or damage to property you may cause;
- your breach of these terms and conditions or any applicable laws.
9. General Provisions
Trade Me will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure the availability of the website and services, subject to any downtime required for maintenance.
However, Trade Me takes no responsibility for any system unavailability, or for any loss that is incurred as a result of website or services being
unavailable. Further, Trade Me assumes no responsibility for the corruption of any data or information held by Trade Me.
Resolution of disputes
As Trade Me is not a party to any dispute between you and another member, you agree:
- not to involve, or attempt to involve, Trade Me in any dispute or in the resolution of disputes that arise between you and another member
as a result of the services provided; and
- not to use the services or website to engage in or attempt to resolve the dispute.
FindSomeone message boards
Trade Me provides message boards on FindSomeone for use by members. The message boards may not be used to promote websites or any commercial,
business, illegal or unlawful activity. Trade Me is not responsible for any of the opinions or other information expressed in the message boards.
By posting a message to the message board you take full legal responsibility and liability for your comments, including for offensive or defamatory
statements, and indemnify Trade Me for any liability it may incur in relation to your comments.
Trade Me has no liability for any lack of performance, unavailability or failure of the services or the website, or for any failure of Trade Me
to comply with these terms and conditions where the same arises from any cause reasonably beyond the control of Trade Me.
If we do not exercise or enforce any right available to us under these terms and conditions, it does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
If any provision of these terms and conditions becomes or is held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason and in any respect,
that provision shall be severed from the remaining terms and conditions, which shall continue in full force and effect.
These terms and conditions and your membership are governed by the laws of New Zealand. You submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the
Courts of New Zealand.
Intellectual Property Rights
Trade Me (and its licensors or suppliers, as the case may be) owns all intellectual property rights and other proprietary rights in the
website (including text, graphics, logos, icons and sound recordings) and the software and other material underlying and forming part of the
services and the website. You may not without our prior written permission, in any form or by any means:
- adapt, reproduce, copy, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of the website; or
- commercialise, copy or on-sell any information or items obtained from any part of the website.
agreements and representations whatsoever whether oral or written and constitute the entire agreement between the parties relating to
the subject matter of these terms and conditions.
FindSomeone services and the website, including:
- your registration details; and
- information relating to your use of FindSomeone and the content you post and access.
You agree that Trade Me may use this personal information to assist us to provide the services to you, for internal research purposes,
to verify your identity, for promoting and marketing other Trade Me products and services to you, and for any other use that you authorise.
If you select "show my photos to anyone" your profile or photo may also appear in the Personals section of Trade Me and the FindSomeone
newsletter in addition to the FindSomeone site.
We will never sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
appropriate for legal compliance and law enforcement (such as to government agencies with statutory law enforcement responsibilities); to
facilitate court proceedings; enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or to protect the rights or safety of our users or others.
Emails and newsletters
Trade Me will send you emails relating to your membership, transactions and other activities on the website, and for promoting and marketing
other Trade Me products and services to you. Trade Me may also send regular electronic newsletters to members. Newsletters will contain clear
and obvious instructions for how you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.